Cuberoo speaks at Google Startupgrind’s Event
January 2020 kicked off with Cuberoo Director and founder, Nadia von Maltitz, speaking at Solo Solo Gracia guest house about all things digital, marketing & brand.
Startupgrind is an initiative from Google. “Startup Grind is the world’s largest community of startups, founders, innovators, and creators. We bring like-minded yet diverse individuals together to connect, learn, teach, help, build, and belong. We do this daily through our local events, flagship conferences, startup program, partnerships, and online media + content – collectively reaching over 3.5 million individuals worldwide”.
Check out the video from the event here:
Here were a few points that were discusses:
- Online marketing in South Africa is a space not a lot of businesses are owning yet. Your business has the chance to stand out and you should take it.
- Social media’s algorithms are making it harder for organic posts to stand out, invest in sponsored ads.
- Create more content than you consume.
- Make sure your brand is authentic and consistent.
- Linkedin is great for business to business marketing, whereas Facebook and Instagram are great platforms for business to consumer marketing. Make sure you understand platforms and who they serve.
A little bit of background on Nadia:
“Nadia von Maltitz is the owner of Cuberoo – a digital agency that specializes in social media and creative strategy.
Her work experience at some of our country’s biggest agencies namely: Ogilvy & Mather, DDB & FCB paved the way and meant getting to do advertising work nationally and globally for clients like Volkswagen, RCS, Tiger Brands, Audi, BMW Motorrad, McDonalds & FNB.
With a post graduate degree in Strategic Marketing Communications from Johannesburg as well as having a diploma in graphic design she decided to take the leap and start her own business at the age of 23, proving that you can start a business with virtually no capital. There is a major gap and lack of practical, implementable knowledge for businesses when it comes to how to been seen and heard online. Now, three years later, she aims to empower others and to keep helping businesses grow using a 21st century approach to marketing.”
Lookout for upcoming events our team will be speaking at!